Sunday, August 11, 2013

Officially LOST in the shuffle of ETSY




I am a collector of many things! 
 And one of those collections is Fabric.

I love to shop for fabric,  I love to look at old clothes 
and think of them as "refashion" fabric.
I LOVE FABRIC!!!

Ever since I was 21 and had my first taste of the Fashion District in New York City with my Aunt Virginia, I have loved fabric-buttons-ribbons-and
 everything else that goes along with creating out of fabric.
Back then..the fabric was "Made in the USA"
and IT WAS BEAUTIFUL fabric.
I wish I would have saved every dress I had from...
Back then!!

I think for me, this is one of the most relaxing past time.  
I am in another world when I sew.

I have made a few handbags for my Cuz Lori.
 I finally took a picture of the one I gave her for her birthday this past May.
I found the main fabric in Minnesota at 
SR Harris - Brooklyn Park
And as most friends do--they encourage you to sell the items you make!
Yah right I say......... 
Since I know I have a pretty darn good selection of fabric, a new sewing machine, no time to do this,
What The Heck........I will give it a try.

So I finally upload a few into an Etsy shop.
Gotta have a name...hmmm

Ladies of the Lodge
After all, that is what we call our selves!

So in my little world, Three Lakes, WI, in the TAJ
here is what I am doing right now...


I love bright duck cloth, love the texture, love the colors,
even if they are solid colors. 

My clutch cannot just have a zipper, no, I need to add a fashion bead!

I am playing around with tags for my handbags
This one is out of burlap, stamped with two
young "fashionistas" I call them!

The stamped vanilla shipping tag.

My signature name on every bag is now this wooden button.
I like it and it will go on everyone I make!

I have dabbled with detachable flowers for some clutches.

Adding zipper halves for the stamen.

I love the inside as much as the outside. 
My favorite is using silk dupioni.

Adding vintage buckles.


large flowers and glitzy zippers



I really like this flower.  It's shabby chic, but not too messy.

Shhh, a peek at a birthday gift.....


So NOW, I needed to upload these into ETSY!!
Easy, right?
Are you kidding me?
Now I have to sell you on these babies....no way
I am not bold enough to BS my way through that one.
I took my pictures, 
still working on that-my attempt at pictures!

Do you have any idea what it takes to upload into ETSY?!?
A job in its self for sure! 

So now.........
I am Officially LOST in the shuffle of ETSY!!!


1 comment: