Sunday, June 2, 2013

"MC" turns 60

My dear friend turns sixty Thursday......How did we ever get to be so OLD!!!

When it comes to Mary my creative juices just burst.  
She and I are so alike in so many ways.
When we shop, we  both gravitate to the same things.  
We often think alike when it comes to conjuring up GNO surprises!!  
WE both LOVE Americana, baskets, and fabric, need I say more.

On Thursday, I pass off the Royal Robe to her.
She will be crowned "Empress"
We have so many neat things planned for her.
A scrolled story has been written!
Oh, did I mention she LOVES stories.
The challenge came to write it just as Mary would.
Last Thursday Betty, Lori and I created a masterpiece...
The story has been typed onto a scroll...and it is rolled and tied in a
RED-WHITE-BLUE ribbon!!

I get really choked up when ever I make something for her.
I can't wait for her to open her gift.

A circle has no end, and that is how I feel about my friendship with MC....
I never want it to end.

When I made this gift for her, I rummaged through all my saved trinkets, 
hunted  store shelves for what I knew would be a perfect fit for my circle.
Even bought things under her nose at Hunt and Gather-MN!!

Is it Thursday yet?!?!?
There is a little ops here...the flags by her baby picture don't belong there.
They were magnets holding up the little canvas as the glue set!!
No worries, I removed it prior to wrapping her gift. 

Here is Mary at 50--crowned "Queen"
Can't wait for the 60th picture.
Love you MC to the moon and back.

Your forever friend,
Empress Jackie





1 comment:

  1. I bet Mary loved her gift and will enjoy for years to come!

    ReplyDelete