Sunday, November 29, 2009

Sweet Memories and Friendship

It's that time of year again when I get all sappy. Course, I had some help this year. I was going through some old photo albums at Dad's. Wow what sweet memories..... I even took a few pictures to make copies. And my sister Chris gave me a book to read on Thanksgiving "Sweet Memories". I started reading on the drive up north and could not put it down....stayed up until I read it all. So I was not surprised when I woke up in the early morning with tears in my eyes and my mind over flowing with memories.

I knew for sure, I would be putting up Christmas decorations. I always get sappy!




But this year was different. My early morning wake led me to memories and thoughts of Friendship. I have a friend who is very ill. And I could not help but think about how he has touched my life. He always has a smile, treats everyone he meets as if they are special. I had watched him put a smile on grumpy co-workers many times. I woke up thinking of him and how he must have his memories - sweet memories going round and round in his mind. He's not a close friend, more a friend of the family. But he has touched me and I will miss his visits to the office.
Gosh, there are so many types of friends we have.
I learned lot about friendship from my Mother's Family.

That's my Grandma Anna(with the jacket over her arm, Aunt Catherine on her right, behind her Aunt Virginia, Aunt Joanie, behind her Mom, Aunt Margie and Aunt Mary Rose.


This picture brought back a lot of memories. Everything I needed to know about Friendship - I learned from these precious ladies. I am going to try and make a Christmas card for my cousins from this picture. This is a "Shopping Picture" to Green Bay or Sheboygan. I remember the anticipation of the "Big Return", we cousins would be at Grandma and Grandpa's house waiting for them to come home from such a shopping trip. Could not wait to see what Easter or Christmas dress my Mom had purchased for me! And the Christmas ornaments they would purchase......totally awesome. And the chocolate candy treats were divine too!!! Those Hunt girls sure liked their CHOCOLATE. Thank you for that trait!!



The "Hunt Girls" were the best of friends. They canned, cried, shopped, played, picnicked, laughed, even owned a dress shop together. And as we girl cousins got older, they graciously included us on their many trips. What sweet memories I have. Mom always said "I don't know what I would have done if it weren't for my Mom and sisters"




Huge memory ~ my cousins. Every, and I mean every Sunday was spent at Grandma and Grandpa Hunts. I was lucky, I lived across the street from them. Grandma and Grandpa lived on an older farm and had plenty of room for us cousins to roam and play. And play we did!! Green Light - Red Light, Kick the Can, roll in the barrel, hide and seek, wagon train, parades, we even would produce some pretty good plays for our parents.


And this isn't even all the cousins!! A few came latter - including a brother and sister of mine!

We had some good times...... The curly blonde in the front..... is one of my best Girl-Friends!!



I could go on and on. I guess it's the holidays that make us melancholy. It certainly does make you think about how very blessed we all are. And just how precious each and every day is. I know I am so very thankful for all my memories....sweet memories......













2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing the pictures! I always love hearing the stories of your aunts & cousins. We all are truly blessed & I'm thankful to be a part of your family. Lots of love from MN - Jack is blowing grandma a kiss :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always love hearing your stories of growing up. These made me think of allll the fun and special times us Krueger and Tetzlaff cousins have shared. Wish I could go back in time, sometimes. yes, the Holidays always make me think back of these family times. Love you Mom!

    ReplyDelete